Monday, October 5, 2009

Two Years and a wonderful Wife!




Kind of weird to think about but we have successfully made it to our two year anniversary!! A lot of things have happened in those two short years but that is not what I am going to write about. Instead, I would like to share with all of you how lucky I feel I am to be married to the awesome, wonderful, beautiful woman that Carynn is.

I don't believe I ever understood true happiness until I met Carynn. From our first date to the present day, she has always had some kind of quirky way to make me smile or roll my eyes (in a loving way of course) and brighten my day. I love the adventurous spirit she has in her, and willingness to try new exciting things, even if she is terrified :). I am constantly amazed how she can be overloaded with school work, stressed with her job, and struggling with new languages yet still have the most positive attitude about teaching kids in nursery and finding time to prepare. Her spirituality has always been something that has astounded me. She never has a negative thing to say about people and always looks for the positive. She is dedicated to life, family, God, and always seems to put herself last. She is always there to support me in any and all endeavors I choose to pursue, and keeps me on track when I get a little side tracked. Thank you Carynn for being the best wife and example that I could ever hope for. Not referring to anything in the near future, I know you will be an awesome mother for our future children!

I feel very blessed to have been introduced to you Carynn, and have been able to spend these last two years of marriage with you. I look forward to many more years of excitement with you. I love you more than I can describe and hope that I will always be able to demonstrate that to you!

Things that I have learned in the last two years of Marriage:

Carynn likes to laugh- this doesn't mean that I can tickle her to induce such laughter.

Carynn is not fooled when I pass bodily noises off on the dog.

Mustard will only be in our fridge if I remind Carynn that we need it.

Oreos are a sacred item and should only be eaten with permission from Carynn.

If Carynn is reading, don't ask her what she is doing... she's reading!!

Tomato soup can actually be good.

Scary movies are something I must enjoy alone.

There is never a wrong time for flowers.

My jokes aren't necessarily as funny as I think they are, but Carynn gives me a nice chuckle or eye roll anyway.

Our body temperatures seem to always be polar opposites.


Happy Two Year Anniversary!! I love YOU!! :)


7 comments:

Katie and Tyler said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! We love you guys.

Katie and Tyler said...

Comment #2:) I love those pictures of the two of you.

The Speres said...

Happy Anniversary! And Congrats on the new job at the St Regis! Oooo La La!
We miss you here in Zion! Wish you could come down to visit! Can you believe it was a whole year ago that Bryce was spraining his ankle as we were headed into the Subway?? Time goes by too quickly!

Lizzy Lou said...

You guys are so cute. I really enjoyed the things you decided to share. It's so sweet to see how much you truly care for each other.

Chris and Melanie Brewer said...

yay! i'm so glad you found my blog, I didn't know you had one either. I love reading everyone's blogs. Congrats on your 2 year anniversary. Time goes by so fast lately, I can't believe you have been married for 2 years already!

Tara and Dan said...

Happy anniversary! Love the fun facts :) And I love the last picture!

Tiffani said...

Hooray for you both! Will and I are close behind. Carynn, Scott has it right-- I agree with everything he said.
As for the Boulder adventure, every time I go up to Hell's backbone I think about our little trip. Basically, we did all the same things with Jack and Sausha as we did with the roomies. I promise there is more to do down there, but those couple of activities are good to fit in during a short weekend.