Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Flambe!!

So I thought I would try someting a little different for dinner the other night. I had to make good on a bet I had lost to Carynns dad and I owed him dinner. Since I can't afford a nice meal for 4 we had the in-laws over and I made a nice dinner instead. I made Steak Diane with sauteed potatoes and peas with a side of Angel Hair Pasta with shrimp and tomatoes. It was my first attempt to flambe anything and it turned out great. For desert I made a cake in my skillet and topped it with a chocolate carmel mix topped with chopped pecans with a side of homemade vanilla ice-cream. I had a lot of fun making it and the results came in, dinner turned out delicious!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my heck! Amazing. I'm proud of myself when I make dinner that simply tastes ok.

Shaina said...

I'm pretty sure you lost a bet to your brother-in-law and his wife once too....

Tara and Dan said...

Um, we're coming over for dinner.